Mary Elizabeth Easton, mother of John Easton Gifford, was born on 26 September 1779 in Nantucket, Massachusetts. This pedigree chart highlights her many connections to the early history of Nantucket and southeastern Massachusetts and Newport area of Rhode Island.
1) Will of Peleg Easton – 1811
2) Oldest House in Nantucket
3) Descendant of Mayflower passenger John Howland
5) Many of her family lines on were part of significant Quaker community on Nantucket in the 18th century. Mary Easton’s 4th great grandmother was Mary Coffin Starbuck (1645-1717)- a leader of the Quaker community and leading business woman on Nantucket in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
6) Her 4th great grandfather, Nicholas Easton, was one of the orginal settlers of Newport, Rhode Island
Family access to related documents (password required)